Clean process for nitrogen fertilizer production
Atmonia is an early stage company, developing a breakthrough electro-catalytic process for generating aqueous ammonia from air and water, for direct use as fertilizer through irrigation. The Atmonia process, unlike conventional ammonia production, is zero carbon and works at ambient pressure and temperature and is based on economical and abundant catalysts.
- Zero carbon. Ammonia production is currently one of the major contributors to carbon emissions world wide.
- Micro-scale. To be used on-site, at the farm.
- Intermittent. Can easily be turned on and off – to fit better with renewable sources such as wind and solar energy.
- Economical. Abundant, non-toxic and relatively cheap catalyst.
- Scalable. Can easily be scaled in size to fit various farms.
- Fertigation. Highly compatible to fertigation technology.